8.17.2008

bugs.

I have a completely irrational aversion to insects.  Primarily I fear them, despite my rational intelligent understanding of my relative size.  But though I can talk myself out of this anxiety as long as the day, the second a bee swoops within three feet of me, I panic and hop around, spurting intelligible syllables from the mouth.  It's pathetic.
Nagging bugs are different from perilous bugs.  Gnats, flies, ants and mosquitos fall into the "nagging bug" category.  

In honor of nagging bug season, I'll publish a poem I wrote in July.


Mug air
sitting stagnant
ly on my beading skin
dotting salty dew
drops one irksome black fly
will not seem to stay
away from me, 
fly!

Tapping my foot to
determinably pay
not any attention
to the tip-toeing
winged heckler.

This tapping toe
is making me
hot.

7/19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course you would. Bugs. i hope you describe a character in a book one day with the same aversion to bugs that you have.

Followers