3.10.2010

just in case you weren't tired of hearing about the...


NEW HOUSE!  We've moved in, water is turned on, power is on, bugs/rats/ants have been baited and poisoned, washing machine and dishwasher christened and all is well on Walker Avenue.  Not that there haven't been bumps, like the water main bursting down the street yesterday and the fact that the power at the apartment was turned off before I had emptied the fridge and freezer. Yikes.

The actual epic transfer of oversized furniture from one itty-bitty upstairs apartment to our bungalow took place Sunday after church.  Returning around lunchtime after teaching Sunday school to a husband who had cleared out almost everything small from the apartment, we exchanged a quick kiss, then parted ways to pick up pizza and beer, make a few Home Depot runs, dump trash and pick up laundry.  Our hired help (unpaid, that is) was to arrive at 2:00.  At 1:45, as Mark was running out the back door and I out the front, he said, "Hey, hang on a second. I have a house warming gift for you."  My first thought was that if he has bought me a puppy I'm not going to be happy camper.  He went out to his car and came back in with a hilariously wrapped box too small for a puppy.  

It was a Nikon D-40 Digital camera which I have been saving for for several months and still had quite a distance to go before purchase could be made.  "You had to have it to capture this day," he said.  I cried. It's in these small moments between us that I remember we're just these two little people and I'm so so grateful for him. Love him. 

1 comment:

Melissa Coleman said...

Your house is PRECIOUS!!! Take some pictures of the inside with your new cam! Again, we're so excited for you both and we miss you. Hope to see you guys before too long. Love, The Coleman Clan:)

Followers